Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week 10:2 Course Wrap Up

Through this course we have learned so many interesting concepts about communication, in a relatively short period of time. When I first read Chapter 2 I thought it was funny to explain definitions so much without really defining communication. Then we continued through the textbook and read each chapter, which would dive deeper into communication between individuals, groups, cultures, and organizations. This course revealed to me the depth of communication as a subject matter. Communication can direct your life in the right direction if good communication skills are learned and used. It is complicated and natural. It is not really like a game, but there can be payoffs to good communication.
One of my favorite things in this course was the cultural event paper. I attended SF Pride, which was wildly spectacular, exciting, and different. It was different from other parades, as their cultural concerns were advocated loudly. I kept an open mind, enjoyed the live deejays, dancing, and music. It was fun to get out, since I was pretty busy all summer when I didn't think I would be in school this summer. I am happy though that I needed the extra units and this was the class I was able to get to fill them!

No comments:

Post a Comment